Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday, Monday... Here's To Goodbye!

I'm not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow.  There is far too much that has to be accomplished over the next couple months.  These past couple days have been nice and fairly stress free...

I'm doing what has become the normal after the past couple days, trying to play guitar, importing CD's into iTunes, watching a flick or two (just finished "Body Of Lies") and keeping inside the hizzy while my neighbors swarm around me like a freshly smacked bee hive.  They are packing up their shit and getting ready to go home.  I managed to not say "Hi" to one of them this weekend and I love it!  I will likely only say one thing to them and that will be "get the fuck outta here" as they leave back to their full-time homes in La La Land and Whocaresville.

I did manage to setup the PA system in the front bedroom over the weekend.  That means I now have the ability to have a full sound karaoke jam session whenever my heart feels like it.

Last night as the fireworks were going off on the lake, I decided to give a little noise back to the community.  ;)

Don't get the wrong idea - I'm not anti-social, I just hate most people. 

Anyone who has sat at a bar and had drinks with me will know that I'm not anti-social.  I'm actually a social kinda guy.  I'm very social with people I like... most others I just don't like - that's all.

Anyway - back to the grind.  I was digging through some old TBAP recordings and found "Here's to Goodbye".  I jotted down the lyrics and was a bit impressed that the song structure on this one was pretty good.  The structure is A - B - C - A - B - C - D.  Which translates to verse, pre-chorus, chorus, verse 2, pre-chorus, chorus, bridge.  I'll call the last part a bridge, but really it's just a different part that had not been introduced in the song earlier.

Here's To Goodbye - Lyrics by Jason Nadon, Copyright 2002.

A
Looking through the looking glass of lies
Looking at a soul with dark brown eyes
The soul sits empty and alone
As you sit each night waiting by the phone

B
But it's too late for you
You already said we're through
and after all I gave to you
you gave me lies
So here's to Goodbye
Here's to Goodbye

C
Goodbye to you
and all your inconsistencies
Goodbye to you
and all the heartache that you've given me
Livin' one dream
but we can't see eye to eye
Goodbye to you
Yeah here's to goodbye

A
Walking away is much easier than it seems
Walking away the person in between
A reason to live is what I've been looking for
The reason I leave is cause I can't take this anymore

B
But it's too late for you
You already said we're through
and after all I gave to you
you gave me lies
So here's to Goodbye
Here's to Goodbye
Goodbye...

C
Goodbye to you
and all your inconsistencies
Goodbye to you
and all the heartache that you've given me
Livin' one dream
but we can't see eye to eye
Goodbye to you
Yeah here's to goodbye

Here's to goodbye

D
Don't be sad
Don't be surprised
Don't be blue
Don't even cry
Don't be sad
Don't be surprised
Don't be blue
Cause it's just goodbye

Outro
Yeah it's just goodbye
Oooh, oooh, oooh
Oooh, oooh, oooh


The song is about bird watching.  I was sitting on the patio one day and had a lengthy conversation with a bird.  After we spoke, the bird kicked me in the shin, drank my beer and broke my heart.  I immediately went inside and wrote down these lyrics.

Damn birds!  :)