Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I Probably Offended A Person Or Two Last Night...

Who's the effin' man?

Me - that's who!  Last night was pretty interesting.  I really wasn't feeling like going out - in fact I commented on it earlier in the day to Valentine.  He told me to take a shower and get the sand out of my vagina and buck up and enjoy the day like a man.

It worked.

I went and watched the Texas Rangers game in a local pub, had some local beer (Shiner x 4) and then went to the cocktail reception.  I forgot to eat, but had about another 4 Dos Equis. I also found out that you're not supposed to have these with lime and I think the bartender called me a moron in spanish... that's ok though.

After that - people wanted to go out and drink... by this time I was completely up for it.

I met up with a guy that hated me and we walked to the "Flying Saucer" bar,  a place that my boss had mentioned had really great shirts and booze.  Once again I strayed away from where everyone was (I'm a leader, not a follower....) stopped by the bar where they had approximately 60 taps - which reminded me of Ashley's.  I was hooked.  I had a couple local Rahr's and Son brewskies... Pale Ale, Scotch Ale, and something else.  I noticed that a hot selling beer had a logo that was an 80's throwback of a hand/glove... it turned out to be Left Hand Milk Stout.   I drank it... it was good.

By this time my boss had emailed me and a couple other managers had called me to find out where I was - they were at another bar called the Fox and the Hound. 

I quickly payed my tab, asked the bartender for a large t-shirt, the most vulger one they had (for my boss) and headed to catch up with the other folks.

It turned out to be pretty close, I got there and shot the shit with those folks for a bit, talked work, talked about what we were hoping to get from the conference and basically just had a cool time.

On the way back to the hotel, I think I yelled at some people... it's fine though - nobody looked at me weird today.